Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Life begins after Death


For my Art class this semester, my professor gave samples of Aubrey Beardsley's artwork. We were su
ppose to use the same technique and inspiration of his drawings to create our own.

This is my inspiration of Beardsley's work combined with fashion design. I basically just made up patterns and stuff as I went along. I first drew it in pencil and then color in the black with ink from Micro-pens (different sizes 0.30, 0.50, 0.80mm)
.


Aubrey Beardsley's work is verrry odd, with a little whimsical here and there. If you google some of his work, you might experience some erotic stuff. However, I love his most famous works which mostly consist of Japanese woodcuts (his
inspirations).

The story of my Art piece: Man dies. Mother Nature uses man's sperm to create lives (hence little embryos in ice-cream cone). Her tears are water to the fish wrap around her like a dress, in which a
flower is grown to shoot little pellets of love to the little lives up from above.

Dress style is inspired f
rom Marchesa's Spring 2011 line.






Pretty vivid right?
Well, so was Aubrey Beardsley.


Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment